1) Small water fountain in lobby of my work. I'm trying to block out the sounds of the cars passing by outside the window as I concentrate on the small fountain. The water drops about 6 inches and plinks plinks down a corrugated surface to land on polished rocks. The individual drops hitting the rocks. I am pleased that I can easily concentrate on the plinking water. It has an extremely calming effect. Although, it kind of sounds like pee or bubbles popping. I feel so gullible for enjoying this sound. In the past five minutes I have gone from energized to drowsy due to this damn plinking of the fountain....
2) Now I am listening to cars passing by outside my work on S. College Road at (:45 in the morning on a rainy Thursday in late August. I absolutely love the rise and fall of the hum of slow traffic outside work. Its rumbling hum that is so incredibly melodic. The large glass windows suppress the sound of the engines but the sound of the tires on wet pavement still manages to waft into the lobby. The slight rattling of the glass is aids to the solid sound.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment